Striking interior designs demand slate flooring
The sharp consistent colour and aesthetic beauty of indoor slate flooring make it ideal for virtually any kind of design statement. Each tile is a unique work of art, forged over deep time by nature. The result is that no two pieces of slate are the same, making for a truly distinctive floorspace.
Currently, we stock two special types of Brazilian natural slate flooring: black slate floor tiles and grey slate tiles. Both are hand-split with machine-cut edges to ensure a consistent, even thickness — meaning they’re a breeze to lay down.
Slate tile flooring is easy to clean, naturally slip-resistant, hard-wearing, and once laid can last for decades. It functions brilliantly in pretty much every room of the house. From the kitchen to the bathroom, to the bedroom. It’s also highly resistant to cracks, chips and scratches. Making it ideal even for areas where people will be walking in and out all the time.
Why people love our indoor Brazilian slate tiles:
- Strength — Brazilian slate is stronger and of better quality than slate from other regions around the world, including China and India.
- Waterproof — It’s less likely to absorb water. Making it more resistant to the eroding effects of rain, so it’ll last longer too.
- Colour — Brazilian slate is denser than other types around the world. As a result, the colours are sharper and less likely to fade over time.
Glow-up your home with indoor slate tiles
Slate pairs up well with anything — including wood, concrete and carpet. It also compliments underfloor heating if you have it, as the slate floor tiles will perfectly distribute and conduct heat.
These slate tiles will brighten up and add value to the price of your home, and your guests will love it.
1. Are slate floors hard to maintain?
No. Slate flooring is a breeze to look after. Aside from some routine mopping and sweeping to keep it clean, your slate indoor floor tiles will require virtually no maintenance once installed.
2. Is slate flooring good for kitchens?
Yes. Slate is tough and scratch-resistant, so it is unlikely to wear even with lots of people walking in and out. Slate is also slip-resistant, reducing the chance of a hazard in the event of spillage.
3. Do slate tiles crack easily?
No. Slate is a very durable floor material and does not split or crack easily. Indoor Brazilian slate tiles, especially, are made from one of the strongest and most durable types of slate available to buy.