Brazilian slate paving is a premium quality slate with a lovely natural finish. By nature, Brazilian slate paving slabs have a cleanly split, gently riven and smooth surface. They are also denser and hold the colour better than Chinese slate. Brazilian slate paving slabs can be laid together in a singular, more linear pattern, or a more random mixed size paving style.
For these reasons and more, Brazilian slate slabs are widely regarded as one of the finest types of slate money can buy. As its name suggests, this slate is extracted from quarries in Brazil.
Great things about this type of slate include:
- Brazilian slate pavers are very flat with no large cleft
- Sawn edges for a clean finish
- Can be hand split to any thickness you want it
- Free from iron pyrite, high lime and other minerals
- Brazilian riven paving slabs are one of the best materials for use in outdoor environments
- Brazilian slate is denser and holds the colour better than Chinese slate
Check out the beautiful grey and black slate paving slabs that we provide.
Brazilian slate paving is available in two colours. Both look wonderful in home interiors, landscaping projects and on garden patios:
- Black Brazilian slate paving — a characteristically deep charcoal grey colour black slate slab with slight shade variations for a natural, yet contemporary appeal. These black slate outdoor tiles are very popular.
- Grey Brazilian slate paving — These grey slate patio slabs are predominantly coloured with medium grey tones, along with a slight green tinge, similar to battleship grey. Brazilian grey slate is a particular favourite for modern interiors.
The dark neutral colours of the slate make an excellent accent to warmer colours.
Please note that colour variation, texture, size and markings are natural characteristics of Brazilian black slate paving and grey slate paving. No two paving slabs will be the same.
Why customers love Brazilian slate paving:
Brazilian slate is unique. It does not have a rustic riven finish like most other types of slate. Instead, it has natural, clean split surface qualities. It is also very strong for a slate, doesn’t absorb much water, and is frost resistant.
This slate bestows a naturally chic look without the need for ultra-contemporary machine cut paving. Brazilian slate is dense and holds colour more effectively than Chinese slate.
Brazilian paving is one of the most durable, lowest maintenance and longest lasting natural stone paving types available. Making it a cost-effective, yet high-quality product certain to delight both homeowners and contractors. It can be laid down as flooring, countertops, and walls. Patio packs are available.